Thursday, December 13, 2012

Solitude



The storytellers have left the Isle. Nicholas is still away. All the helpers have returned to their families for Christmas and New Year celebrations. And I am now alone with birds and bare trees my only company.
Winter has embraced the garden in it's white serenity and the chill it brings with it reaches my very core. Or is that just loneliness I feel.

Is solitude a dark place, or a place where one can let them selves be enlightened? It depends I guess on ones attitude, like so many other things in life…If you fight it, the fight usually ends up in tears. Accepting that this is how things are for the moment, taking the ingredients that it provides you with and turning them into something tangible, something that can fill the hole that solitude brings, can be rewarding and enlightening. It's easier said than done, but it is comforting to know there is an option!

It's almost time to say goodbye to the past year. If time can be considered a companion, i'd like to shake it's hand and say "thank you". "Thank you" for the knowledge and new people you have brought into my life, "thank you" for the blessing of being alive and knowing your every day...

3 comments:

  1. oh! it's like that place i dream about!
    and thank you for being in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your story and your painting. I'm always exited when I see a new post from you in my bloglovin reader !

    Have a beautidul Christmas !

    ReplyDelete